Search This Blog

Welcome to the Steno Wizard's Realtime Journey!






Remember when life was simple and all you had to do was make a selection on what your steno really meant? Those days are long gone.





Reporters must get themselves into top realtime form to compete in today's job market. This is my contribution toward ALL of us reaching the realtime goal.



My Steno Wizardry concept is based on the idea that writing realtime actually doesn't require magic -- just hard work, determination, and a little bit of FUN imagination.



My hope is my sharing of the ideas I've incorporated into my realtime journey will assist you in yours.



Friday, February 19, 2016

Steno Wizard's latest foray into hyphenation

Steno Wizard spied this in a captioning group, and it is so awesome!  My writing is a work in progress, so I love trying out new ideas.  I'm sharing with you just in case you want to try it out too.

For a few years now, I've been writing TO* for -to-   which is a nice, quick way to put hyphens in for a myriad of words.   To share one example, bride-to-be.   Looks pretty when it translates with the hyphens in the appropriate places.    Other examples can be found in an earlier posting. 

So...to expand on this concept...

-on-  OINZ
-by- BO*EUZ
-for- FOIZ
-of- YOIFZ
-and- AINZ
-in- Y*INZ


They're all probably defined with both the asterisk and without in my personal dictionary. 



Next, this is another idea I've been implementing lately. 

-related R*ELTD
-type TAO*EUP
-like HRAO*EUK
-free TPRAO*E
-prone  PRO*EN

No comments:

Post a Comment