Search This Blog

Welcome to the Steno Wizard's Realtime Journey!






Remember when life was simple and all you had to do was make a selection on what your steno really meant? Those days are long gone.





Reporters must get themselves into top realtime form to compete in today's job market. This is my contribution toward ALL of us reaching the realtime goal.



My Steno Wizardry concept is based on the idea that writing realtime actually doesn't require magic -- just hard work, determination, and a little bit of FUN imagination.



My hope is my sharing of the ideas I've incorporated into my realtime journey will assist you in yours.



Monday, January 9, 2012

The bi/by/buy/bye debacle! A solution...



Anita Paul (who does realtime seminars around the country) suggests incorporating the -FPLT for the prefix by- PWEU-FPLT and -RBGS for the suffix -by PWEU-RBGS. Bylaw would be PWEU-FPLT/HRAU. Thereby would be THR-/PWEU-RBGS.  Conversely, FPLT - F for forward and RBGS - R for rearward.

SW imagines the -RBGS in the suffix as sort of a hand scootching the word over to the one in the front of it and the -FPLT in the prefix is pulling the prefix over to the word on the right-hand side.

By - PWEU

Bi - PW*EU - Imagine the asterisk dotting the 'i' in this instance for the prefix.

Buy - PWAOEU

And then

Bye - PWAO*EU, Imagine a kid with a pinwheel (sort of the like the little pig in the insurance commercial squealing wee). In SW's imagination, the kid is waving bye with the pinwheel in his hand (like the asterisk key). It works for me...LOL...but I had to come up with some way to remember these for myself!
BONUS BRIEF: good-bye is TKPW*B

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment