Search This Blog

Welcome to the Steno Wizard's Realtime Journey!






Remember when life was simple and all you had to do was make a selection on what your steno really meant? Those days are long gone.





Reporters must get themselves into top realtime form to compete in today's job market. This is my contribution toward ALL of us reaching the realtime goal.



My Steno Wizardry concept is based on the idea that writing realtime actually doesn't require magic -- just hard work, determination, and a little bit of FUN imagination.



My hope is my sharing of the ideas I've incorporated into my realtime journey will assist you in yours.



Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Scent, sent, cent solutions

This set of conflicts is a troublesome triple when it comes to realtime writing. Steno Wizard's solution is through the use of spelling visualization for resolution.

Sent is easy enough. Just stroke it the way you normally would SEPBT. Scent is resolved by incorporating the initial side C - KR- into the stroke. Steno Wizard learned the word extent as SKEPBT and likes it too much to toss aside, so scent is written SKREPBT. Cent is then resolved by just using the C - KR- as the beginning of the word, KREPBT.

If you have your prefix De- resolved and defined (which Steno Wizard writes TKAOE -- long E ALWAYS), you will also have resolutions for decent and descent. What more can a realtime reporter ask for! Dissent -- not a problem if you've got that dis- suffix resolved (TKEUS) or just write dissent in one stroke STKEPBT or even STKEUPBT if you must.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent! I'm adding these to my briefs and phrases notebook ~ thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you resolve the de- by using the long E! I've been having trouble with the prefix conflicting with my "did he" lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I also use the long E for the prefixes "re" and "pre". By the way, my initial "e" is with the long E (for email, emotion, erode, erratic, elapse, and others). Once I decided to incorporate all of those, translation greatly improved.

    ReplyDelete